Wednesday, June 4, 2008

SOOOO........
as I was walking from the building I work at to my car tonight, there were hundreds of fireflies (lightening bugs, whatever you want to call them) flying around. I couldn't help but reminisce back to my first love....

soon after the night of his graduation (he was 2 years older than me), I was terrified. I thought I was going to marry him someday, so I kinda freaked out when I realized he was going off to college. I did a reverse in age: I made him get a jar to put fireflies in. I then made him catch them with me......

of course, it was summer time for the both of us....and that's what a summer love should be.

I miss silly things like that, being able to run through the yard giggling with someone I care about, just to have him wrap his arms around me and kiss me and tell me I'm crazy but it's sexy.

I've had some rotten eggs for boyfriends (it seems like a lot here lately) and it makes me wonder if I'll ever have this again. sometimes I miss being in a relationship, and sometimes I am SO GLAD I'm single.....but I still miss having that best friend to talk to every night just before I fall asleep....

this yearning makes me your typical girl that's looking for love (in all the wrong places, perhaps?) and that's kind of annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥