Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just a Quick Update to let you know I'm still alive!

Hey guys,

Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of days. I have been ill and yesterday got kind of bad (after I took a nap).

I am starting my first round of exams, I had a piano exam yesterday and I will have another exam today at 3 p.m.

The weekend will be nice and relaxing, and sports galore! I'm going to the baseball opening day tomorrow, followed by women's gymnastics, and then rounding out the weekend with OU/OSU bedlam wrestling.

The good news part:
So Way back in October when I first started posting consistently, I mentioned that I wanted to apply for Teach for America (I have even had discussions with some about this goal too.) I turned in my application on Feb 4, and found out this past Tuesday evening that I made it past the first round and have been invited to a phone interview! I will be doing my phone interview this Sunday, and from there I may be selected for a final in-person interview the week of spring break. So exciting!

Second, I was featured over at FTLOB on Tuesday! I was super pumped to see my header when it popped up in my google reader! (And hello to the new commenters/followers that came from there! THANK YOU!)

Third, yesterday I was featured on Scenic Glory for her "In Her Shoes" feature. I knew this one was coming, but I was anxious to see what photos she would use for my feature.


Photobucket


If you haven't checked out FTLOB or scenic glory yet, you need to! That is where I have found a majority of the people I enjoy reading and people who inspire me.

I've also met a girl who I would probably call a close friend through For The Love of Blogs as well. She's a fantastically beautiful lady.

So go check out my features, and check out the blogs themselves as well! You'll love them!

I will update more this weekend when I'm not trying to study for tests, do laundry, and overcome being sick!

Happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I hope you get to feeling 100% soon! Exams are 0 fun when you don't feel well! And congrats on the Teach for America interview and features- all amazing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for your phone interview! I know you will do great! I hope your test was good today! Talk to you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mushy props to ya. A request: post a video of you playing piano. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥