Sunday, March 6, 2011

This is a Tale of Yummy Fatty American Food.

Instead of boring you with the mundane details of me going to this or that sporting event, I thought instead I would share with you my love for What-A-Burger's Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit.

I knew I loved the honey butter chicken biscuits, but Saturday morning showed me (and roommate) just how much I loved these little things.

My Saturday started when my alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. Yep you read that correctly 5 o'clock in the morning. I very reluctantly hit snooze on my phone until 5:30, when I knew I needed to get my tail out of bed or I would convince myself to skip the volunteering and just stay in my happy place (aka my bed).
I got up, brushed my teeth, quickly got dressed, threw my hair in a ponytail and then covered it with my OU Class of 2011 hat; I then started walking toward campus with my new water bottle and two Special K cereal bars in tow.

When I arrived at the Department of Health and Exercise Sciences at 6:03 a.m., I immediately began helping out my fellow classmates in preparing for the Sooner Spring Tune-Up 10K that would commence at 8 a.m. We set up tables (slash I watched them set things up, I'm still on a restriction of lifting no more than 10 lbs), taped signs, and prepared ourselves for something we have been working on pretty much since the last one ended roughly a year ago.

I saw about 6 friends of mine (including roommate and neighbor). The race started a little later than we had intended (roughly 5 minutes after eight). Then, one of the professors in my department came into the room I was stationed at (race day packet pick up) and asked if anyone would be willing to go to a very important intersection of the race and be a course monitor. I agreed, and quickly realized I did not put on enough layers for how cold it was. It was freezing, and on top of that there was a very cold Northern wind coming in. I don't know how the runners did it. (I promise the food part is coming soon!)

Anyways, roughly an hour and a half later, I was relieved of my course monitor duties, and went to find my roommate and my neighbor to see how they did. They were sitting outside, in the cold, and I asked if anyone was coming to pick them up. They hadn't called anyone, so I called another girl who lives on our hall and asked if she minded coming to get us. On our way home, roommate and neighbor were discussing the possibility of going to Sonic to use their free breakfast burrito coupon they received in their runner's packet.

We got home, and I crawled in bed. I told roommate I was both hungry and sleepy, but I was definitely more sleepy than hungry. I curled up into the fetal position with an extra blanket and a pillow over my belly (to prevent me from rolling to sleep on my stomach, my favorite sleeping position) while roommate went to neighbor's room to see if she was ready to head out to get some food. Roommate then comes back in and says "She's all like Nutella, and I think I want to go to What-A-Burger." I then yell "HONEY BUTTER CHICKEN BISCUIT" and fly out of bed. No really, I flew out of bed. I hurriedly put my shoes and jacket back on and asked if she was ready to go. She laughed at me for flying. She now knows my motivation for anything.

Have you ever had the deliciousness that is a honey butter chicken biscuit? If not, you need to go to your nearest What-A-Burger pronto and get one (between the hours of 11 p.m. and 11 a.m.--yes I love them so much that I know when they serve them, no judging). It's a perfectly baked buttery flaky biscuit with a crispy chicken strip inside. The best part, however, is the honey butter. It's not your typical honey butter in that it is honey flavored butter. OH NO. The honey butter is more liquid than solid, and as your eating it, it drips onto the "CHICKEN" paper wrapper it is served in. And then if you get the meal, the hash browns are really good too.

Now that I've made everyone's mouth water, including my own, I hope you all had a great weekend! May your Monday make you start off to a great week!

p.s. After my yummy breakfast at 10:30 a.m., I definitely took like a 3 hour nap. Maybe even close to 4.

10 comments:

  1. This is making me hungry, and I don't even eat chicken haha! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I automatically started to equate this biscuit to butter chicken and now I can't stop thinking of Indian restaurants. I know I'm waaay off. I actually had to google "honey butter chicken biscuit" because I've never heard of it before! It does look tasty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so hungry for that right now...but alas, I need to sleep. I shall eat it later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaa, you are too funny! I miss What a Burger with a passion. I have always been a fan of Church's Chicken biscuits. THey have the same kind of honey on top. Oh yummy! Glad you got your fix, and stay warm out there. What, do you live in Germany or something?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds delicious! I don't know if we have What-A-Burger around here but I do know the deliciousness of a Chickfila so I am imagining it might be similar :)

    BTW I think it's great that you volunteered for the race even though you couldn't participate--I'm sure the race organizers really appreciated the help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny and I am EXACTLY the same! If I am dead tired and someone mentions pizza, nachos, wings, chocolate, Cheez-its, white popcorn and, uh hum...a alot of other things, I am automatically wide awake! ha- that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the deliciousness. that sounds ridiculously wonderfully good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This "What-A-Burger" must be like the notorious "Chick-Fil-a" which I have heard about from so many of you. I've lived on the West Coast my entire life and have never heard of either of them! They must be really good!

    Food is a great motivator! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is way too funny. Crazy craved foods calls for serious motivation, even if you go in pjammies. That honey butter sounds really tasty right about now. I'm the same exact way when visiting friends, someone yells Top Pot (the donuts that are at Starbucks), you'll find me in the front seat ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Meri: You should definitely eat chicken just for one day just to try this amazingness. I'm serious.

    @Erin: I definitely should try Indian restaurants more often. But I'm glad you think it looks tasty! Get yourself to the states as soon as you can!

    @EK: I think you helped feed my addiction while I was in the PHX.

    @TGN: I honestly don't know how you survive in Germany without all the terrible fast food chains we have here in the US. I haven't had a Church's chicken biscuit, but definitely have to try it now! And trust me, I wish this cold had stayed away!

    @KT: We have Chick-Fil-A around here too, and I love their breakfast biscuits, but this to me is better. I don't really know why. I was glad to help out my friends who had put in so much hard work over the past YEAR for this race!

    @Shalyn: Girl, your comment cracked me up! Seriously, I laughed at loud at ALL of the foods you listed. It is delicious, they have them in PHX so get your bohunkus to a what-a-burger STAT and get one of these for breakfast! You won't be disappointed!

    @Rachel: It's more delicious than you can imagine. seriously.

    @Angie: Yes! They both serve some pretty delicious food, but it's definitely not the healthiest of options. I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life, so when I went to visit Phoenix, IN-N-OUT was on the top of my list of fast food restaurants to visit. I must say I'm very jealous of that establishment. Just saying.

    @Morgan: Isn't it crazy how one or two words can motivate you to do something almost unheard of? My roommate seriously laughed at me for a good 2-3 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥