Saturday, April 23, 2011

#THUNDERUP!

If you're new around here, you may not know yet that I am a sports fan (for those of you that have been around, this is no shock to you). I'm a HUGE sports fan. I like them all. There are some that I prefer over others, but if I can score free tickets to a game, you bet your ass I'm there.

I'm from Oklahoma, and we have now TWO professional sports teams. Tonight is game 3 of the NBA playoffs of the OKC Thunder (THUNDER UP!) and the Denver Nuggets. I'm just glad that the mid-season trades happened the way they did because I don't know that it would be as lopsided as it is. We're up 2-0 in the series, with the third game starting now-ish. The Spurs/Grizzlies game is still on so I can't see it.

I got to go to my girl friend from high school's son's birthday party today (did you follow that?). Lucus turned 3 back in March, and his dad just got home from Iraq (he serves in the Marine Corps). I tell ya, get a 3 year old a pinata. It was straight up comedy watching all the kids trying to break it.

Once I got back from the birthday party, we colored Easter eggs. I made a really pretty blue one with a pink tint, and I already broke it :(
I wanted to cry because I spent a lot of time on it to make sure that it was pretty! It was so sad.

Once we got done dying eggs, I spent the remainder of the evening addressing envelopes for my graduation announcements. I'm so over it already. My brother and I both graduate in 20 days (holy crap!!) and we have a lot of family members. I think I will have just my grandmother and my other brother at my graduation, but it will be all good. I'll have a nursing school graduation that the should all be able to come to :)

I'm super pumped for Monday! I get to see Ke$ha in concert in Tulsa!!! I love Ke$ha almost as much as I love sports! It'll be a bad ass concert.

I know this post is random and kind of all over the place, but that's just how my weekends are when I'm at home :)

Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Thunder up! My parents were at the first playoff game.. they said it was insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the game was awesome! GO THUNDER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a really fun Easter! I know how you feel about the egg though. I always spend a lot of time on mine and feel grouchy when my family eat them. :P I guess they can't last forever.

    Have fun at Ke$ha!

    I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well. :)

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you can't forget about the AHL hockey team there :) lol. Only I would know that, haha. Sounds like you had a great Easter!! And hope you are having a wonderful long weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I come back, we're so going to find a big room!

    Do you remember the Cavs? They were a smaller boutique team that used to play in OKC, waaaaay back before the arena was built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, did I miss something about nursing school?!?

    Sounds like my weekend--random, full of family and love, much too short :)

    Have a great week girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥