Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Idiosyncrasies

Today, I have a fun post for you that was featured over at Laugh Until Your Cheeks Hurt last week! (You can find the post here.)



idiosyncrasy –noun, plural -sies.
1.
a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.
2.
the physical constitution peculiar to an individual.
3.
a peculiarity of the physical or the mental constitution,especially susceptibility toward drugsfoodetc. Compare allergy def. 1 )


So here it is, a list of my idiosyncrasies!

1. I habitually count my steps as I am walking. I've read multiple places that this is a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder. I've even counted my steps as I was running, like when I ran my half-marathon last November!

2. I have to make sure that my college class ring, which I have only taken off for my appendix surgery since I got it, is on my finger straight. If it starts twisting to either side, I move it and double check to make sure it is on perfectly straight.

3. When I have my DVD's on a shelf, they must be in alphabetical order. Another sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder. They must also be put back in alphabetical order as soon as I get done with the movie.

4. Books on a book shelf should be lined up by book height. Do you think I'm crazy yet?

5. I'm impressed by people who can spell well and use proper grammar. I may not always type on here using proper grammar, but if you can send me a text message with perfect grammar, you just went up in cool points. Proper grammar was stressed while I was growing up because both of my aunts were English majors. So I fall hardest for the boys who can speak eloquently!

6. To this day, no matter how much you try to teach me, I cannot snap my fingers and produce a sound. Every now and then I'll get one or two sounds, but I have to produce about 30 snaps to get one or two. I can, however, frat snap :) [click both words--"frat" will take you to urban dictionary; "snap" will take you to a video]

7. To add on to other things I cannot do, I can't burp on purpose. No really. I know that may be a good thing, but it's embarrassing when you're in a public place and one slips out. And it hurts when you like beer and can't burp that ferment out. Have I grossed you out yet?

8. I cannot stand lint between my toes when I take my socks off. I seriously sit there for a couple minutes after I take off my socks and use the socks to get it out from between my toes.

9. I'm so practical in what I wear that I have a really hard time buying a bra that is any color other than nude. I just can't bring myself to buy something that makes me have to strategically pick what color of shirt I wear. However, when I bought my last couple of bras, I had a friend go with me and she forced me to buy one with a pattern. Baby steps!

10. I hate making a bed. I mean changing sheets and making it daily. I just don't see a point in making my bed first thing in the morning if I'm just going to get into it again that night. But I do it every now and then.

11. I go on sports obsessions. This shouldn't be new, but seriously. College football season? I will spend ALL DAY Saturdays watching pre-game stuff and games (ask my youngest brother, he wanted to watch Saturday morning cartoons one weekend when I was home, and I made him turn it to Game Day at 10). It doesn't matter who's playing just as long as I get to watch the OU game. And I seriously spent all day Monday looking up stuff about the OKC Thunder in preparation for game 4. I figured out the ages of everyone on roster, looked up and studied James Harden, and I obsessed over my new jersey!
FEAR THE BEARD!

What are your idiosyncrasies? Write up a post about them and head on over to Laugh Until Your Cheeks Hurt: Idiosyncrasy link up and share with all of us!

3 comments:

  1. James Harden has been my favorite.. I'm glad he's becoming other people's too! My husbands friend makes these shirts if you can see the link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1990054478444&set=a.1308633603348.45483.1455835049&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallori, you are so sweet! Thanks so much for linking up with me!

    Yours are so great. I think we all have some OCD tendencies, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of the same idiosyncrasies! I can't stand lint between my toes either--never have, never will; I can't burp on command; and I always straighten whatever rings I wear :)

    I also cannot roll my tongue into a taco (the rest of my family can) or whistle!

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥