Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tell the World Tuesday!

Is it your favorite day yet? I'm very excited for this week's feature! I don't exactly remember how I found this blog, but reading the posts have been a lot of fun! This week, I bring you Jaimie from Legos in my Pocket! This lady is a lot of fun and has been participating in the photo swap that is hosted by Kendra (from three weeks ago!) I love checking her blog all the time, as she is one of the most honest people I know. She also featured me as her April Monthly Featured Blogger. After you read the feature, head on over and check her out!

Legos In My Pocket

1. First
things first, tell me where you blog and a small paragraph about your blog.
-What is your main reason for blogging, how often do you post, what is your content, etc.
Legos In My Pocket is my home away from home. It's all about mine & my husbands adventures in life. I dabble in a little of everything!
Monthly Featured Bloggers (MFB), crafts, recipes, quizzes, even the Monthly scavenger hunt! I love snail mail, so I've joined in tons of Postcard swaps, and I love photo challenges that I normally post on my photo blog "Pocket Memories." I tend to get caught up in real life now & again, and rely a little to much on pre-scheduled posts, but I do my best to be active! Every now & again I get a little serious & will write whatever is stewing in my brain...
I use alot of colors, Bold, CAPITALS, italics, !!!Exclamation marks!!! & ...Dot...Dot...Dots...
In the end, I'm just me! :)
Legos In My Pocket

2. Give me 5 words you use to describe yourself:

Motherly, passionate, OCD, creative, & forward...(which some consider just bitchy ;))  

3.Do you use a real alarm clock or your phone? If you use your phone, what tune do you wake up to?
Uhm, I use both, but wake up to neither... my actual alarm has to be set to turn on the radio, which has to be set to a fuzzy station SUPER loud, but that apparently gives my husband, Ryan, heart palpitations, so he sets in to the quiet beeping so it wakes him up to wake me up. Unfortunately, he tends to be to sleepy to actually wake me up, so I normally have my cellphone set to go off 5 mins after his, with a Beethoven symphony on super loud on my side of the bed, so he has to lean over me to turn it off, which wakes me up. :D
(Ryan doesn't tend to like that very much...)


4. What (or who) inspires you most?
I try to find inspiration everywhere I can, but it tends to frequently come from a few common places:

Legos In My Pocket
My Hubby Ryan = can make a grumpy old gremlin break out into a giggle-fit

Legos In My Pocket
Any & All of the MINICrew = They are all pretty durn awesome yo!!


Legos In My Pocket
My Momma = probably not as much as she thinks, but she does, everyday.

And really most of all,
just taking sitting outside, or by a window
where I can see, hear, feel, & smell outside...
brings my mind to life.

5. Do you read for fun? If so, what are you currently reading; or what is a book you recommend?
ALL THE TIME!! I love to read... I'm currently addicted to a few different ones, (& yes, I'm reading more than one at a time!)
The House of Night series by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
The Immortal series by Alyson Noel
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner

6. What is something you've always wanted to do?
Oh boy, lots of things.... See my Bucket List Top 5 for examples...
but in the blogging world, I'd really like to do a giveaway, I've never done one before... but I don't know how to go about starting one...

7. What is your favorite part of the day, and why?
I love early mornings, sitting there in my jammies on the back porch with a cup of coffee
 watching the sun come up, & listening to the world awaken... Or in the middle of the day going for a walk with Ryan & Mazda, or just going for a drive... early evening sitting down with my family for a delicious dinner, laughing & talking about our days... but my favorite time of day is late at night, when its time for bed. After Ryan's turned off his Xbox & I've shut down the computer, when we snuggle down under the covers & cuddle up to talk & giggle about anything else left until we fall asleep. :)


8. Where is your favorite place you have traveled? OR where is a place you would like to travel?
My favorite place in the entire world to go is when we pack up all the MINICrew cars till we barely fit ourselves, & drive the 5-6 hours to Newport, Idaho where we have our cabin on Lake Pend Oreille.

Legos In My Pocket
(Click here to see more of the cabin!!!)
We normally stay for a week of un-interrupted sunshine, warm weather, & bliss.
But someday, I want to travel to Italy,

Legos In My Pocket
& experience everything it has to offer!

9. What is your guilty pleasure (food, tv, show, etc)
This is going to sound really weird, but I love water. I always have it near me!
But I guess my guilty pleasure would be chocolate peanut butter dollar scoops from Baskin-Robins. YUM :D
T.V. wise right now I'm HOOKED on GLEE & Fringe... & When it comes to music, I will never tire of Linkin Park!

10. Give your favorite inspirational quote, photo, or both!
To be honest, we aren't very spiritual, but...
my family LIVES by this prayer:
Photobucket

11. What is the one thing you want to Tell the World today?

Be you. Don't worry about what other people think, act, or how they are going to judge you. In the end, it doesn't matter. In the end, all that really matters is how YOU feel about you. Say what you want to say, Sing when you want to sing, Do what you want to do, Dance when you feel like dancing, Feel how you want to feel, Love whoever you want to love. The ones who care don't matter, the ones who do matter, don't care. Just stay true to YOU. :D

Legos In My Pocket





Well there you have it, this week's Tell the World Tuesday! I love what she had to tell the world today (seriously, all of you ladies have been fantastic about this!) I hope you go check her out at Legos in my Pocket! I know you'll love her blog as much as I do!

Do you want to be a feature for Tell the World Tuesday? I would LOVE to have you! Comment here to let me know, or send me an e-mail to mbattiestOKU{at}gmail{dot}com and we'll get everything together for your feature!

Happy Tuesday friends!

3 comments:

  1. :) Thanks sooo Much for asking me to join in on this! it was a TON of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be featured on your blog! Its so cute and I like how you set up your features! Let me know if you would be interested!

    dana whitfield at the abundant life blog
    http://theabundantlifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love Jaimie! She's hilarious and serious all at once sometimes. She definitely deserves to be featured.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥