Sunday, June 12, 2011

book review



I've finished another book, and it was suggested that I review the books as I finish instead of a huge entry.

This book is kind of odd. The main character, Harry Dresden, is a wizard. It's a mystery-type of book with some really weird parts to the story. It also has some very hilarious parts that made me laugh out loud. I was recommended this series by my best friend Sean, and he says that this is the worst one so far. I think it has 9 or so books of the series. As you can see, it also says as seen on SciFi...well SciFi is now SyFy, so I don't really know if it's still a show on it or not, but it was a pretty decent book.

I would recommend this book if you like some dark mysteries and are not afraid to laugh out loud if you're reading it in public. Because he is a wizard, he has some mishaps that are freaking hilarious.

I will most likely continue on with the series, but not before reading other books on my book shelf.

Up next, The Girl Who Played With Fire, book two of the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Actually, I already started it and am about 200 pages in. It's great :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the graduation! I haven't checked out your site for a bit. I do have to say that I've never really been able to get into the sci-fi type books. Lord Of The Rings was great but I've tried others and can't seem to get into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ross! You should come back more often ;-)

    I don't think I've tried sci-fi books before, but I do like Harry Potter and what not. I've never tried Lord of the Rings, and the movies bore me to death.

    This one was pretty funny, but I have watched my best friend laugh out loud while reading them many times so I thought I'd give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥