Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Review: What I Read in September

This is actually a review of the one book I attempted to read in August and the two books I read in September. If you remember from this post, I told you guys that I failed in August and didn't finish one book.

So here goes:
I started off the month of August with high hopes for Eat Pray Love. I watched the movie early this year, and a friend told me I should definitely read the book because it was just as good as the movie.

Usually I read books before I watch movies, just because I know movies will never have as much detail as books. I don't know what it was about this book in particular, but I COULD NOT get through it.

The book is divided into three parts, and I got through the first part (Italy) before I finally gave up on it. I'm not giving up on it completely, but I had to read something else because the book just completely bored me to death.

I know there have been other people who have loved this book. It just wasn't to my liking. And I know I will definitely finish it at some point, just not now.


This book is the third book in the Millenium trilogy. It follows The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl who Played with Fire.


I personally thought the book was pretty good until it got to the ending. The entire book was filled with twists in the story that constantly had you wondering if Lisbeth Salander was going to make it through the trial for her actions in book two.

The book had a little bit of a conspiracy theory too, in that the person who attempted to kill Salander was kept in Switzerland during the Cold War, when everyone was thought to be a Russian spy.

The book had some very good parts in it and some very boring parts. The ending was terrible. I just felt like there were so many loose ends that could have led to another book or two. But anyone who knows anything about these three books knows that more books are not possible because Stieg Larsson has since passed away.

This book is definitely worth reading if you read the first two books, just because the second book leaves you at a cliffhanger.


This is book three of the Pretty Little Liars series. I decided that since it took me almost the entire month of September to read The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest, then I needed to pick up something that was a pretty easy read.

Just like the first two books in this series, each of the "liars" are being haunted by the mysterious A.

This book goes into a little bit more detail about how each of their secrets are affecting the girls personally. Each of the girls start to open up more about having someone haunt them, without any of them getting too much into detail before they receive a text from A.

I hope you just keep reading along the series with me so we can figure out who it is that is terrorizing these girls!




Well there you have it. I think coming up next will be One Day, a recent book-made-movie (that I will definitely be seeing because I'm in love with Jim Sturgess), and also reviewed by the lovely ladies I know, Valerie and Sam; followed by some more Pretty Little Liars. Check back next month!

1 comment:

  1. i really want to read one day too! sam and val's reviews confirmed.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥