Monday, March 26, 2012

2 for 12

It took me a whole month to decide to use this next place for my "local new restaurant." I went to Norman last month, which dipped into my social budget for local Tulsa restaurants for the month of February. However, while I was in Norman, I went to a little local Italian restaurant called Gaberino's Homestyle Italian Restaurant. Unfortunately, because I didn't think about it being my "local restaurant" for February, I didn't take any pictures. So sorry :(

I went with my friends Katy, Kaitlin, and Katy's boyfriend Marc to this little hole-in-the-wall place on the Sunday evening of my visit in Norman. This place first opened during my last year as a student, but I never got to try it out before I graduated.

I ordered a cheese bread appetizer, and it was FANTASTIC. It was baked French bread with probably three or four different types of cheeses melted together with their home made marinara sauce to dip it in. The cheese was just melty and gooey enough that it oozed as you bit into it.

Then I got the traditional spaghetti with meatballs dish for my dinner. The meatballs were a beef/sausage combination and they were really good. The marinara was a little spicy and not too sweet, so it was good as well.

I really wish I had pictures of my food to show you guys. If you live in Norman and have yet to try it out, definitely head over there and try it out! You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥