Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July appetizer

Last minute, I decided that I wanted to make some pinwheels to our friend's for the fourth. I had had these pinwheels before, and scoured the internet trying to find what I wanted. Unfortunately, almost every recipe I found called for green onions, olives, and all kinds of different herbs and stuff that did not sound all that appetizing to me.

If you have friends from Oklahoma, have visited Oklahoma, or are an Oklahoman yourself, you will know that most of us think that ranch dressing makes just about everything taste better. Which is why I really wanted a basic pinwheel recipe. So I started reading around a lot at all the different recipes and decided to create a little bit of my own concoction. I give you my pinwheel appetizers:

Ham/Turkey and cheddar cheese pinwheels

Ingredients
*2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese
*1 large packet of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning
*10 (11) large burrito-size tortillas
*Ham and Turkey lunch meat of your choice
*2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Start by softening the cream cheese by either leaving at room temp or throwing them in the microwave for less than a minute. Then add the ranch packet and mix the two ingredients together well.


Next, spread a layer of your cream cheese/ranch mixture on the tortilla. Make sure that you spread the cream cheese to the edges of the tortilla like so:

place 2-3 slices of  lunch meat in the center of the tortilla, and add a handful of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the meat:

Then roll up the tortillas to where the cream cheese on the outer edge is secured to the outside of the tortilla, kinda like glue. (I apparently forgot to take a picture of this.)
Then refrigerate the rolls for a couple hours (I put another cookie sheet on top of them to hold them in place).
Then do other things to busy yourself. I read, took a shower, and danced my butt off to some country music.
Once 2.5 hours had passed, I took them out of the refrigerator, and cut them into little slices:

Then, I arranged them in a pretty little flower-esque shape:

Now just try not to eat them all before you take them to your party....


And all together now:
Ingredients
*2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese
*1 large packet of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning
*10 (11) large burrito-size tortillas
*Ham and Turkey lunch meat of your choice
*2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions
*Start by softening the cream cheese by either leaving at room temp or throwing them in the microwave for less than a minute. Then add the ranch packet and mix the two ingredients together well.
*Next, spread a layer of your cream cheese/ranch mixture on the tortilla. Make sure that you spread the cream cheese to the edges of the tortilla.
*Place 2-3 slices of  lunch meat in the center of the tortilla, and add a handful of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the meat.
*Then roll up the tortillas to where the cream cheese on the outer edge is secured to the outside of the tortilla, kinda like glue.
*Then refrigerate the rolls for a couple hours (I put another cookie sheet on top of them to hold them in place).
*Once a couple hours have passed, remove the rolls from the refrigerator cut them into little slices.
*Enjoy!

1 comment:

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥