Thursday, July 5, 2012

Please, allow me to re-introduce myself...

I feel like I've neglected you, my readers, in the past few months. You see, I was out living life, and re-discovering myself and everything that makes me happy. And it's true, we all do it, we all neglect our blogs for a little while, and we all come back apologizing for our absence and promise to be better bloggers. (And this time is no different for me.)

So in order for this to be a place where I love coming to every day to pour out my heart and soul, I thought maybe it was time that I re-introduce myself to people who have been here for some time and have a general idea of what I write about and who I am, introduce myself to those who haven't been around as long, and also lay a foundation as to where I want to go from here. So here goes.

My name is Mallori. I am going to be twenty-five near the end of the year, and I have more of a complex about being 25 than the thought that I am that much closer to thirty. I actually kind of welcome 30 with open arms (for now). I think mostly this complex is due to the fact that I am NOWHERE near where I thought I would be at the ripe young age of 18. But even though I'm not where I hoped I would be, I love where I'm at and I wouldn't change a thing.

For the most part, I blog happy things. But there are some days where life just kind of sucks for the moment and I just need to rant.
I'm also silly at times, without the intention of being silly.

I'm from a small town in Oklahoma. I love my small town with the exception that people think you can never change. And when you do, they try to tear down everything that you built up to make yourself happy. And no matter how much you have changed, to them you are always the same person you were six years ago.
*You see in high school, I was pretty timid (for those of you that really know the real me now, this is weird to you). I wore my heart on my sleeve and I was used like a welcome mat. I went off to college fearing the same thing, but then I realized, I don't have to maintain relationships with people who treat a person like that. That I'm allowed to have my own opinion on things, and that just because your opinion differs than mine doesn't mean either of us are wrong. That I'm a pretty tolerant person, with the exception of you hurting me or my closest friends. That I have a no-bull-shit attitude toward people, that the more upfront and honest you are, the better we'll get along. That I don't like being lied to so you can save my feelings. That I don't want to spend time with those who don't want to spend time with me. That calling, texting, and e-mailing works two ways, and I should never feel like I am to blame for a failed relationship. That I'm a tomboy that loves to get dressed up. That no matter what other people think of my weight, I know what I need to do to get to where I want to get (but quite frankly I'm not ready to make that commitment yet, and it's none of your concern). That I'm not ready for the commitment that comes with a significant other, or children, and that it is no one else's business to decide if these things will make me happy.

I'm a sucker for a good love story, because with how crappy the world has gotten, it still makes me believe that there is hope for my future little ones and nieces and nephews.

I come from a divorced family. I do not have any kind of relationship with my father. Before the divorce, I was a daddy's girl; then as I grew up I rarely spoke to him. By the time he was ready to be a dad to me, I was almost 19 years old and had no interest in it whatsoever, and the more he attempted to salvage a relationship, the more it pissed me off.
I love my mom with all my heart but sometimes I wanna knock her senseless because we are both stubborn. Even when we fight, we can't go more than a week without communicating in some way with each other.

I hate, hate, hate saving money. You can't take it with you go. And I know what it's like to be dirt poor.
Speaking of being dirt poor, I don't let that define me either. I know what it's like to want even basic necessities and I know what it's like to have nice things.

I try to rarely ever let an opportunity to have fun and make memories pass me by.

I want to share more with you, but this post is already a little lengthy. So who knows? This "re-introduction" may take a few posts before you get to hear about what's going on in my corner of the world.


I hope you'll stick around for the adventures.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing what's on your heart! I enjoyed learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Mallori! It's great to hear/read more about you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥