Thursday, August 23, 2012

oops, I thought I posted this last night...

As I sit here on my couch, catching up on shows, and grabbing a late night snack before I head to bed in about an hour (not ashamed, I'm very sleepy today), I have to remember that my life is pretty amazing. Today is my Pops' birthday, the only man I've known as a grandfather for a majority in my life. Today, August 22 is his birthday. He left us here on earth 6 days after his birthday. SIX. WHOLE. DAYS.

Today is just a completely weird day, and I'm sure this next week will be just as freakish for me as well. I firmly believe that we have our true families, and then we have the wonderful people that God puts in our lives as our chosen family. Pops was definitely part of my chosen family. He coached my summer league softball team for a number of years. He let me live at his house when I didn't really have anywhere else to go. He supported me financially during that summer that I lived there. He was a wonderful man.

(For the post about him from last year, go here.)

Life's too short folks. Don't forget to take time each day to thank the God you serve for his blessings. Don't forget to take time to tell people you love them. And most importantly, take a little time for yourself. Do what it is that makes you happy at the end of the day. We only have one life, live it.

(And how many more cliches can I put in here?!)




Tomorrow night is going to be great. Boyfriend is coming over to spend time with me, and I'm trying out a new recipe.

And, to take a look at ALL my vacation pictures (because I never quite finished them up), you can go to the public facebook link HERE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this post? Vent it here!
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate feedback! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! ♥